Christmas Is Coming, Ready or Not

Is it still Christmas if you never have time to decorate? Suzanne's been swamped and I've been tied up most every evening. What happens if Christmas comes and all the tinsel and lights are still in the box? Well, hopefully we will find the time to get our house in the spirit of the season. As of now the pilgrims and pumpkins are still hanging around.

It's snowing like crazy outside, so winter isn't waiting for us to catch up. I picked up a couple of CDs of Christmas music to help spark the yuletide fever, Josh Groban's Noel, and an older one by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. (I sound just like Josh in the shower, and TSO is like listening to Handel on speed.) Here are the words to a Christmas song I'll bet you've never heard, but maybe we all need to hear. See what you think.

Christmastime

Santa Clause is coming and the kids are getting greedy,
It's Christmastime.
They know it's in the store because they seen it on the T. V.
It's Christmastime.
It used to be the birthday of the Man who saved our necks,
It's Christmastime.
But now it stands for Santa Claus you spell it with an X.
It's Christmastime.

I got to buy a present, can't remember who it's for
It's Christmastime.
I'll see you in an hour when I get back from the store.
It's Christmastime.

What about last year, baby?
It's Christmastime.
What did you get me, baby?
It's Christmastime.

(Words by Larry Norman)

Let's you and I make a pact together. When this Christmas is over, let's try to have something more to keep than just unpaid bills and more stuff we could live without. Let's focus on the One who came, the One who saved our necks, the One we cannot live without.

Comments

Popular Posts