Who Is This Guy?

"This is my life work: helping people understand and respond to this Message. It came as a sheer gift to me, a real surprise, God handling all the details. When it came to presenting the Message to people who had no background in God's way, I was the least qualified of any of the available Christians. God saw to it that I was equipped, but you can be sure that it had nothing to do with my natural abilities. And so here I am, preaching and writing about things that are way over my head, the inexhaustible riches and generosity of Christ." (Ephesians 3:7-8, The Message)

Guys like me are often accused of practicing strictly one-way communication - way too much talking, and not much listening to anybody. And I guess I've been guilty at times of taking that approach. But not today. I'm beginning to understand that listening and learning must go together, and that none of us has much to say, until someone speaks a little life to us.

So, for what it's worth, I'm here and I'm listening. Feel free to share your thoughts and insights, your questions and doubts, whatever just doesn't add up in your life, in your spiritual journey. Maybe we can make sense of it together, maybe not. But it helps to know that others have puzzled over some of the same mysteries and found their way through. I'll bet we can too.

Thanks.

Comments

Popular Posts