Christmas Movies That Move Me

Seems like several movie channels are already running the holiday classics. Here are a few lines from some of my favorites. These stories never fail to move me, some with laughter, others with a lump in my throat. Feel free to add your own choices.

"Charlie Brown, you're the only person I know who can take a wonderful season like Christmas and turn it into a problem. Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."

"Rats. Nobody sent me a Christmas card today. I almost wish there weren't a holiday season. I know nobody likes me. Why do we have to have a holiday season to emphasize it?"

"NOW it was serious. A double-dog-dare. What else was there but a "triple dare ya"? And then, the coup de grace of all dares, the sinister triple-dog-dare."

"Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man."

"Aunt Clara had for years labored under the delusion that I was not only perpetually 4 years old, but also a girl."

"And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more."

"Welcome, Christmas, bring your cheer. Cheer to all Whos far and near. Christmas Day is in our grasp, so long as we have hands to clasp. Christmas Day will always be, just as long as we have we. Welcome Christmas while we stand, heart to heart and hand in hand."

"Just remember this, Mr. Potter, that this rabble you're talking about... they do most of the working and paying and living and dying in this community. Well, is it too much to have them work and pay and live and die in a couple of decent rooms and a bath? Anyway, my father didn't think so. People were human beings to him. But to you, a warped, frustrated old man, they're cattle. Well, in my book he died a much richer man than you'll ever be."

"Remember, George: no man is a failure who has friends."

"A toast to my big brother George: The richest man in town."

"Look, Daddy. Teacher says every time a bell rings, an angel gets his wings."

"It is required of every man," the ghost returned, "that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide; and, if that spirit goes not forth in life, it is condemned to do so after death."

". . . for it is good to be children sometimes, and never better than at Christmas, when its mighty Founder was a child himself."

"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year."

Comments

Popular Posts