Only One Mother in the Whole World
My mother married young, not quite sixteen, and gave birth to eight children in twelve years. I am her baby, the youngest child, born when Mom was twenty-eight years old. As we celebrate this Mother's Day, Eva Hill is eighty, and has 26 grandchildren and 26 great grandchildren, and more to come.
Just a few thoughts in tribute to a truly remarkable lady.
- I have always been loved.
- I have always felt safe.
- I have never known hunger.
- I never noticed when we had less than others.
- I never wondered who was in charge.
- I was never made to feel like a burden or a problem or a pest.
- I always knew that someone believed in me.
- I was always taught that God's way was the best way.