"It Ain't for Sissies"

Here's a little gift we all need today - encouragement. Whatever you face this day, whatever burden you must carry, whatever pain or loss you have absorbed, whatever taunting giant blocks your path, let me call out the courage that lies deep within you, in every child of God. 

Let me encourage you to stand up, keep going, and face the fight. Don't cry or complain, don't run and hide, don't give up and quit. Take heart and move forward, and if you go down swinging, get back up swinging. If you lose a battle, remember you and your fearless Leader will one day win the war. "Followin' Jesus? It ain't for sissies."

I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat.  I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!

~Dr. Seuss

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9 NIV)

Comments

jennifer yazell said…
How do you keep getting inside my head and reading my mind and typing on your blog all the things that are in my heart and my head? I'm giving a presentation tonight to group of 60 business people about this very topic. Thank you. These thoughts are also for you. Be encouraged. Be bold and confident in knowing that God does have great plans for you and will use you in new and mighty ways. -- Blessings, JenYaz

Popular Posts