Bringing Your Life to Life

This morning I came across a few remarkable lines describing one man's startling discovery:
In the spring of 1953, I had left my job at Lawrenceville to be a full-time writer in New York, and it was that fall, with my third novel failing to come to life for me, that in some sense my life itself started to come to life for me - the possibility, at least, of a life in Christ, with Christ, and, on some fine day conceivably, even a life for Christ, if I could ever find out what such a life involved, could find somewhere in myself courage enough, faith enough, craziness and grace enough, to undertake the living of it. - Frederick Buechner

What would it take to bring your life to life?
Isn't that the question we are all asking in our quiet, reflective moments? What would it take for us to truly enjoy life and not just endure it? How can we satisfy our deepest longings, fill up our gaping emptiness, and find the delicious joy that others have found?

A thousand theories have been offered, tried, and found sorely lacking, failing to deliver as advertised. As far as I know, only one has proved valid and true. Jesus said, "I have come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." (John 10:10 KJV) Or, to state it more clearly, "My purpose is to give life in all its fullness." (NLT)

A little girl was asked, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" She smiled and replied, "Alive." Me too. May you and I find courage enough, faith enough, craziness and grace enough, to let Christ bring life to life.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It takes a child to see the truth of Christ. In being 'alive' with Him and in Him, I find life is so full of hope and possiblities.
Drew Hill said…
Thanks, Annie. I heard a sermon once called, "If I Should Die Before I Live...". That would be a tragic fate.

"God...made us alive with Christ even when we were dead."
Robin said…
May you and I find courage enough, faith enough, craziness and grace enough, to let Christ bring life to life.

A Mantra I have been claiming is embrace each moment of each day, walking closely with Christ. Jesus does bring life to life...thanks for your post.
Drew Hill said…
Thanks, Robin, for sharing a fine mantra for living each day, embracing each moment in Christ. Good to find your blog and your poetry. You have a wonderful gift.

Popular Posts