Confession Is Good for the Soul
O Father in Heaven . . . I come to Thee in lowliness of heart . . . beseeching Thee to drown my transgressions in the sea of Thine own infinite love.
- My failure to be true even to my own accepted standards;
- My self-deception in face of temptation;
- My choosing of the worse when I know the better; O Lord, forgive.
- My failure to apply to myself the standards of conduct I demand of others;
- My blindness to the suffering of others and my slowness to be taught by my own;
- My complacence towards wrongs that do not touch my own case and my over-sensitiveness to those that do;
- My slowness to see the good in my fellows and to see the evil in myself;
- My hardness of heart towards my neighbor's faults and my readiness to make allowance for my own;
- My unwillingness to believe that Thou hast called me to a small work and my brother to a great one; O Lord, forgive.