A Sea of Smiling Faces

Last night I was surrounded, completely surrounded by a sea of smiling faces. It was a little unnerving for me at first, even though I recognized every face. I knew every person in the banquet hall. These are my people, my dearest and best, the people who call me pastor. After ten years together on this journey of faith, my people came this night to express their love, to celebrate God's blessings on our church, and to affirm and encourage their pastor in wonderful ways that left me struggling for words to express my thanks and appreciation. I am truly blessed to serve with such saints. Maybe even a little spoiled.

I've been walking around today just basking in the blessing of last evening. I have never been lifted so high by the words and prayers of my people. And, now I'm ready to get back in the game. Send me in, Coach. I might just be good to go for another ten years.

No matter what our calling in life might be, just having someone in our corner, someone who knows what we are up against, someone who is pulling for us, cheering us on, and who believes in us no matter what - it makes all the difference in the world, doesn't it?

Most likely there is someone in your life today who desperately needs a cheerleader, some kind word of encouragement or affirmation just to keep going, just to stay in the game, just to stay on their feet. So keep an eye out today. Somebody out there needs you.

Comments

Popular Posts