I am thankful for . . .
- McDonald's large sugar-free vanilla iced coffee. I love 'em.
- Good books to read in bed, even if it takes me six months to finish one.
- A solitary trail heading out into the country - my special place to run, to think, to watch, to enjoy.
- Those thoughtful little notes from special people, always sent along at just the right time to get me going again.
- Early mornings in the office, quiet and prayerful, just me and my Boss.
- Enjoying my favorite tunes on the road, Springsteen, the Eagles, Mellencamp, and Dylan. I must be getting old.
- The guys in my morning prayer group. God only knows the difference you make in this world.
- A church full of saints who know what to do in a crisis. Your practical thoughtfulness is a wonderful testimony to the love of God.
- My Wednesday night regulars who gather every week to listen and learn and pray. You keep me in the Book.
- Three golf buddies who are almost as lousy as me at golf, but are world class when it comes to friendship.
- A son headed to Oxford University who is so passionate in his search for truth and in his desire to change his world.
- A son headed to the U.S. Navy, ready to serve his country and determined to jump into manhood all at once.
- A daughter who still lets me come along on the roller coaster ride of her high school days.
- A wife who manages to do the work of two or three, and somehow keeps all of the plates in the air. Amazing. I'm looking forward to simpler times to come.
- An incredible God who gets me where I need to be, who gives me words when I have none, who offers His strength for my weakness, and covers my failures with His boundless grace.
More Than Turkey and Dressing (2007)